“I will bless every place in which an image of my Heart shall be exposed and honored….”
Why Did He Make This Promise?
Most of us throughout our lives ,take and keep pictures of families, friends, loved ones and others in our homes and on our persons to look upon fondly as pleasant reminders of present and past occasions or relationships we have or had with people we love and/or admire.
Our Lord, knowing this very human trait, so loves us and so wishes to be a part of our daily lives, that He offers us His special blessing, if we place His image in the place of honor in our homes, both to form a constant reminder to us of His supreme love for us, and, by His constant presence, to emphasize the all-important relationship we have with Him, Our King, Our Lord, Our Means of Eternal Salvation.
What Does it Mean to Our Families?
Our families gain enormous additional graces and blessings at this, the time we need them most, if the installation of His image is accompanied by a formal ceremony, (called enthronement, as a King is installed on a Throne) and by a Consecration of the Family to the love of His Sacred Heart.
These two acts together will:
- Stabilize the family,
- Sanctify the family
- Create a Catholic atmosphere and spirit of piety in the home
- Bring back the wayward members
- Help console the members in times of trial and sorrow.
Thus, it makes the home thoroughly Christian. It brings the Devotion into the home where it is most needed and can be most effective. Plan on DOING it for your family’s sake!
What is Enthronement of the Sacred Heart in Your home?
- A ceremony where Jesus is invited into your home and is given authority over your family/household.
- A ceremony that takes place in your home as an act of homage offered to Jesus Christ, King of Kings.
- A social recognition of the kingship of Jesus over the home and all of society.
- An act of reparation to make up for all who have “dethroned” Jesus in our secular world.
- An event where an image of Our Lord’s Sacred Heart is given a place of honor in the home.
Why should I Enthrone an Image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in My Home?
- The request is directly from Jesus Himself. He told St. Margaret Mary of Alacoque that He would bless each home where a picture of His Sacred Heart is exposed and honored.
- As the family/household receives Jesus in the Eucharist at Holy Mass, Jesus desires through His Image to remain present spiritually in their home, “the domestic church.”
- As Image of the Sacred Heart is more than just a picture. It is meant to draw us toward God and enlighten our soul with Divine Truths.
How is an Enthronement Done in My Home?
1. Obtain a booklet for Novena and preparation before the Enthronement ceremony takes place.
2. On the day of the ceremony, the head of the family/individual carries the Image of the Sacred Heart to His place honor in the home.
3. After the Image has been set in a place of honor, the family/individual publicly consecrate themselves to Jesus Christ.
4. The Enthronement covenant is signed.
5. The family/individual celebrates together as the work of the restoration of society begins with their family/household.
Learn more about the Sacred Heart from our friends!
Sacred Heart Columbus is an Apostolic Organization of Priests, Deacons and Lay men and women dedicated to bringing Our Lord's Sacred Heart into every home, school and business.