The opportunities for employment at Sacred Heart Retreat House are regularly updated on this page according to the needs of our retreat center. We invite you to check back regularly for new information. God bless you!
Job Title: Retreat Coordinator
Employer: Sacred Heart Retreat House
Position Type: Full-time
Reports To: Retreat Directress
Mission Statement: Promoting a deeper spiritual life among God’s people.
Sacred Heart Retreat House (SHRH) further defines this mission to include the following specific goals:
- Offering programs in keeping with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Imparting our Carmelite Spirituality of facilitating an encounter with God through extended and day retreats, classes, workshops, and conferences to individuals and groups of all ages.
- Providing facilities for both silent and interactive retreat experiences.
Purpose of Position: To promote, coordinate, facilitate, and reconcile all aspects of the Sacred Heart Retreat House weekend retreats, specialty retreats, and sisters’ 8-day retreats at Sacred Heart Retreat House.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum five (5) years experience in general office management and procedures as assistant to executives or key personnel
- Internet and computer literacy. Familiarity with a variety of standard software applications
- Fluently read, speak, write and understand English at a four year college level
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or related field preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings and practices required
- Catholic retreat ministry or similar experience preferred
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates weekend, specialty, and sisters’ 8-day retreats as described in detail in the Retreat Coordinator Procedure Manual and as defined by the Retreat Directress.
- Communicates with retreat masters (priests) to confirm retreat dates, travel and logistics
- Directs, coaches, and assists the SHRH retreat volunteers (250+ volunteer force) in promoting, organizing, and populating weekend retreats
- Maintains the database of retreatants, retreat masters, and volunteers
- Provides balanced financial reconciliation of each retreat to the SHRH Cashier and the financial department
- Prepares and submits check requests for retreat master stipends and travel reimbursement
- Maintains retreat financial records and statistics for each fiscal year
- Answers phone calls and voicemails from the public regarding retreats, taking reservations when applicable
- Assists with front office and gift shop tasks when required
- Completes special and ad-hoc assignments at the discretion of the Retreat Directress
- Will need to sit and/or work on computer for extended periods of time
- Is subject to frequent interruptions
- Must be able to travel locally, as needed
Skills and Job Requirements:
- Project a professional image through in-person, electronic and phone interactions
- Comprehend and apply the SHRH Mission objectives to tasks and communications with others
- Take ownership of the responsibilities and tasks of Retreat Coordinator, being accountable for all aspects of the job
- Implement basic practices and principles of organization, planning, records management, accounting, and general office administration
- Possess excellent working knowledge of computers, internet, and Microsoft Word (Word, Excel and Access) software
- Operate standard office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone system, fax, copier, scanner and calculator
- Must be able to maintain satisfactory attendance record in order to meet the deadlines and requirements of the position
- Prioritize, multi-task and meet multiple deadlines on a weekly and monthly basis while maintaining a positive disposition
- Exercise transparency, know when to ask for help when needed
- Direct, coach, support, encourage and form positive relationships with SHRH retreat volunteers
- Proactively recognize potential problems, offering possible solutions in a timely manner
- Recognize boundaries in decision making, deferring to the Retreat Directress and other staff when applicable
- Exercise discretion, diplomacy and kindness in communicating with guests, volunteers and co-workers
- Work as an individual and as part of a team in performing work and special assignments
- Know and follow all policies and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook
- Follow all safety guidelines, policies, and procedures, in promoting a safe working environment
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must be able to push, pull, move a minimum of 25 pound and be able to push, pull, move such a weight a minimum distance of 50 feet
- Must be able to lift and/or carry a minimum of 25 pounds and lift to a height of 5 feet
Link for applicants to apply for the position online through Indeed:
Click here to apply