The opportunities for employment at Sacred Heart Retreat House are regularly updated on this page according to the needs of our retreat center. We invite you to check back regularly for new information. God bless you!
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities and will not unlawfully consider any factors of race, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any and all other unlawful biases regarding federal, state or local laws with regard to workers or applicants.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of your job is to assist the Maintenance Supervisor provide a safe and structurally secure plant for all those who live on and visit the retreat house grounds.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Observation & Insights
- Regularly observes exterior and interior structures of all buildings and grounds, noting any needed repairs.
- Reports repairs needed using maintenance forms and complete repairs as assigned.
- Reports insights into maintenance issues to Maintenance Supervisor to facilitate operations.
Repairs & Installation
- Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, and painting tasks as directed by Maintenance Supervisor. Performs the work tasks as listed on the weekly duty schedule.
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets.
- Performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets.
- Changes filters on heating, ventilating and air conditioning units.
- Services appliances, kitchen, and emergency equipment.
- Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
- Drives company vehicle as needed and assigned.
- Installs new equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment according to PM Schedule.
- Able to use a variety of tools and machines including; power saws, lawn equipment, chainsaws, etc.
- Able to perform basic lawn upkeep and grounds maintenance as needed.
- Moves and stores items as needed and assigned for various functions and events.
- Arranges tables and chairs for groups as needed and assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
As member of the staff of Sacred Heart Retreat House
- Responsible for knowledge of and practice of all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible to record working time accurately and give notice of errors to my supervisor immediately.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee often works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderately quiet to moderately noisy depending on the task being performed.
Skills and Job Requirements:
- Must be able to able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to receive and implement constructive feedback from others
- Must possess the ability to prudently make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, retreatants, guests, visitors, vendors and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan and organize as necessary for carrying out job functions to the highest quality standards of the industry.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to push, pull, and move a minimum of 100 pounds to a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining a physical condition necessary for the regular, and at times sustained, performance of heavier physical tasks such as walking over rough or uneven surfaces; bending, reaching, pushing and stooping; working in confined spaces; climbing ladders; lifting, carrying, or moving moderately heavy items (20 – 50 pounds) and occasionally very heavy items (100 pounds or over); the complex operation of gasoline, electric, or diesel-powered machinery.
Job Type: Full Time