Preparing for Your Retreat
- Upon arrival you may drop off your luggage and passengers at the library registration area.
- Registration begins at 5pm most weekends.
- An orientation is given after the first meal to make you feel at home and will answer any questions you might have.
- At check-in you will be given a schedule of events and a journal to take notes in. Keep these two items on you throughout your stay.
- Conferences and Mass are held in the Chapel.
- Meals are served in Retreatants Dining Room.
- If you have medical restrictions, please contact the office/captain prior to your retreat.
- Please, no electronic devices, i.e., cell phones, radios, or anything that might distract you or a fellow retreatant. In the event of an emergency a telephone is available.
- Sacred Heart Retreat House provides towels, bed linens and soap.
- There is a Bible in each room.
- Bring your rosary and a pen/pencil to take notes.
- Items you may have forgotten (comb, toothpaste, etc.) are available at the library counter.
- Dress is generally casual (no tank tops or short shorts).
- The wake-up bell rings 1 hour before morning prayer. There are no clocks in the rooms, so you may wish to bring an alarm clock for your own personal use.
- Please be prompt to all conferences and meals.
- No smoking is permitted inside or around any of the buildings.
- All rooms are pre-assigned. If you require any special accommodations, please contact our office/captain in advance so that we may best suit your needs.
- Silence is a big part of the retreat experience and it is expected that all who attend respect this rule. Silence begins after orientation.
Sacred Heart Retreat House is located at:
920 E Alhambra Rd.
Alhambra, California 91801